If you were unable to attend last night’s LPCA general meeting, here are some highlights:
- THANK YOU: this year’s festival was a tremendous success and wouldn’t have been possible without the generous support of sponsors and the countless hours from volunteers.
Communications/Newsletter: if you have editorial ideas for the Nov/Dec issue, please submit them by October 19. Email email@example.com.
- Dog Park: stay tuned for more information about a November Yappy Hour at the Wine Market.
- Parks and Beautification: a collection fund to restore the Doda family memorial at Latrobe Park has been established. Visit www.gofundme.com/DodaMemorialFund – no donation is too small!
- Social – the next major event will be the Holiday party Wednesday, December 10 at the Knights of Columbus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Two motions were passed:
- Support of Rash Field Beach Volleyball Courts: the LPCA will send a letter of support to the City to keep the Baltimore Beach volleyball courts on Rash Field at the Inner Harbor. There is an online petition for individuals to sign themselves. Click here for more information.
- Donation to Support 3rd Annual SoBo Halloween Bash: the LPCA will donate $500 to the Planning Committee of the South Baltimore Halloween Bash in support of an event for the entire South Baltimore community. The event is Saturday, October 25 1-6 p.m. Contact Megan Laporte at email@example.com for more information.
Community Announcements included:
Church of Redemption Rescue Well Event Series:
Sunday, Oct. 19 @ 11:30 a.m. Making Baltimore Humane for Strays and Rescues
Sunday, Nov. 2 @ 11:30 a.m. Natives and Newcomers in Locust Point: Workshop Towards Understanding our Neighbors
Visit www.RedemptionBaltimore.org/events for more information
The next meeting is Wednesday, November 12. We hope to see you soon!