If you were unable to attend last night’s LPCA general meeting, here are some highlights:
- Communications/Newsletter – the next issue will be distributed the first week of September. We will devote a significant portion of it to the Star Spangled Spectacular. Please submit any story ideas to email@example.com
- Design Review: a ribbon cutting ceremony for Banner Field is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 26, 10:00 a.m. All residents are invited to attend. It is our understanding the same rules in place at Patterson Park will apply. All programming will continue to be coordinated by Baltimore Dept. of Recreation and Parks. For more information, visit:http://bcrp.baltimorecity.gov/.
- Parks and Beautification: Fall maintenance at Latrobe Park is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 6. We will be working in the park 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Bring gloves if you have them – tools, drinks and snacks will be provided.
- Education/Schools: first day of school for FSK is Monday, August 25. Registration is up 15%! Dog owners – please make sure your dogs are on their leash when you are on school grounds. 2013 scholarship from the LPCA was presented to neighbor John Padgett.
- Safety/Citizens on Patrol (COP) Walk – Wednesday, August 20. Meet at 7:00 p.m. at Himalayan House on Fort Ave.
- Social – volunteers are needed for festival cookie making and the day of the festival. We will need at least 40 volunteers on Saturday, Aug. 23 to make the cookies and about 100 for the festival (Saturday, Sept. 20). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Star Spangled Spectacular: this event will have a significant impact on the neighborhood, particularly Thurs. Sept 11-Sun. Sept 14. Efforts are underway to protect parking and congestion. Safety protocols will be in place and there will be a significant amount of police patrol in the area. Visit www.starspangled200.com for more information about events. LPCA will help triage questions. Send them email@example.com
- Community Announcements:
- Church of the Redemption (1401 Towson St.) invites all neighbors to attend their upcoming events. Visitwww.redemptionbaltimore.org for more information.
- Christ Church (1308 Beason St.) invites all neighbors toBaltimore’s Biggest Banana Split event, Sunday, Aug. 17 after their 10:30 a.m. gathering. Free ice cream for everyone and a bounce house for kids.
Minutes of last night’s meeting along with those from June will be approved during the September general meeting and then posted to the website.
Our neighborhood will be bustling throughout the next few months – we hope to see you soon!